In May of 2018 Casey was elected to the Mansfield, TX City Council. He is currently serving a 3 year term. Should you need to reach Casey in reference to the City of Mansfield, TX you can email him at email@example.com.
To follow along with what Casey is working on with the city council you can sign up for his newsletter and updates here and follow along on Facebook here.
There is plenty of work to accomplish over the next decade in Mansfield, TX and Casey has several ideas that will make Mansfield an even better place to live. He campaigned on a simple platform that focuses on three key areas: Property Tax Relief, Controlled Sustainable Growth, and Enhanced Quality of Life for Mansfield residents.
During Casey’s first term on the city council he is actively working to improve development and quality through zoning ordinance changes, challenging developers to increase their standards, and seeking the best quality of balanced growth between residential and commercial development. He is also engaging in the budgeting process with city staff to set new spending priorities that include property tax relief for homeowners. Casey’s main focus is on the future of Mansfield and the type of city we will become in the next 10-15 years. He wants to make sure we maintain the small town community feel while we continue to grow and bring in more amenities and activities that enhance our quality of life.
Notable Council Accomplishments
- 10% Homestead Exemption on property taxes approved for Mansfield Homeowners.
- Reduced Property Tax Rate.
- Secured largest Economic Development deal in city history with our first publicly traded company, bringing 700+ jobs to Mansfield.
- Reduced the city debt ratio and increased the city reserve savings account balance.
- Maintained AAA Bond rating.
- Funded over $60M in infrastructure projects including a new fire station, multiple first responder vehicles, linear trail expansion, traffic signals, future parkland acquisition, numerous road projects, and multiple water projects.
- Increased city communications capabilities with a new website, enhanced communications department, online permitting system, and streamlined digital services.
- Increased resident volunteer participation on boards and commissions to the highest level ever.
- Received the Presidents Volunteer Service Award.
- Raised the base zoning requirements and standards for development in Mansfield.
- Approved multiple housing projects that include townhomes, garden homes, and other homes of various types and price points.
Committees & Boards Casey Serves
- Chairman of the Housing Growth Subcommittee
- Chairman of the Budget Subcommittee
- Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax Funds Policy & Allocation Subcommittee
- TIRZ Board #1
- TIRZ Board #2
- Historic Downtown Mansfield Redevelopment Subcommittee
- Complete Count Census Subcommittee
- Code Enforcement Subcommittee