On this episode of The Casey Lewis Podcast we talk about how the skills you have are valuable and that they will help you boost your income if you believe in yourself. We also talk about an article from Business Insider and of course, there’s a new joke of the week!
Stories From The Internet:
- Data for argument is unrealistic as it’s based on the top 400 income earners in the US. Earning $77.4+ million per year.
- You probably aren’t going to earn that amount, ever. In your lifetime.
- There are employees in the top 3% of income earners in the country. You can be “really, really rich” as an employee.
- You can live a “Rich” fulfilled life without being an entrepreneur. This is found in pursuing passions more than pursuing entrepreneurship.
- Earn $90k/year and you’re in the top 25% of income in the country. Earn $150k and you’re in the top 8% in the country. These are realistic numbers to reach as an employee of a company.
- Jon Acuff says, “If 70% of people hate what they do for a living, I promise you that not 100% of them should be an entrepreneur.”
- If you want to work inside of a company, awesome! If you want to start a business, awesome! Don’t fell like starting a business is the only way you can become really wealthy.
Believe What You Do Is Valuable:
- Chasing a Dream
- Finding a way to get your income and bills to the point that you can survive while pursuing your dream.
- Goals for pursuing Dream Financially: Do a budget, get out of debt, have an emergency account.
- You should constantly be seeking ways to earn more money.
- Believe in yourself and what you do is valuable. You have skills nobody else has and someone is willing to pay you for it.
- Applying skills you have to earn more money.
- Write Down Your Skills.
- Buy Jon Acuff’s new Book: Do Over
Have a question you’d like me to answer. Click here and I’ll answer it as part of the show!