In this episode of The Casey Lewis Podcast we talk about life insurance and how it plays into a full 20 year financial plan. We talk about firm financial foundations so you can chase after your dreams and avoid money fights. And of course, there’s a joke of the week.
Question From The Internet:
Emory – “We’re looking into life insurance for our family and it’s a little overwhelming. What should we look for?”
3 Things to Focus on With Life Insurance –
- Death Benefit Amount.
- What to do with the death benefit.
- What type of policy should you get? Term vs Whole
Cohesive Financial Plan over Finances by Default:
- Get an Emergency Account.
- Avoid Debt. If you’re already in debt, get out of debt.
- Save for a house. 15 year loan. 10% down payment minimum. Keep expenses low.
- Invest for retirement and kids college.
- Pour on the fuel once the house is paid off.
Joke of The Week:
Why did the golfer wear 2 pair of pants?